2014 AIR FORCE YOUTH PROGRAM OF THE YEAR!
Building 3656, NEW NUMBERS: School Age Care (SAC) Front Desk, (321) 494-3006 and Youth Development Front Desk, 321-494-3761.
HOURS OF OPERATIONSAC, Mon - Fri, 6:30 am to 5:30 pm
Open Rec (School Year) Mon - Thu: 2:30 - 6 pm Fri: 2:30 - 10 pm
School Early Release days:
1 - 6 pm
2:30 - 6 pm
Office: 9 am - 6 pm
Click here to receive info by email:Parent Handbook • Youth Sponsorship Brochure SAC Brochure Youth Programs Needs Assessment Survey - Your opinion counts! Click here to take survey.
PARENT ADVISORY BOARD MEETINGfor Child and Youth Services, Jun 12, 11 am - 12 pm at the 45MSG/CC's Conference Room, Bldg 423.
Did you know that membership at the Youth Center is only $40 a year? Benefits include no fee walk-in every day after school for ages 9 and up, hang out, socialize, play sports, do homework, use computer room, get a healthy snack from the snack bar, use the outdoor court, participate in 4-H and Boys & Girls Club activities, leadership clubs, and much more! Members enjoy lower prices on special events, field trips and dance classes! Join today!
MILITARY CHILDCARE DOT COMA DoD program that makes it easier to find the child and youth care your family needs. Just follow four simple steps!
We care for your children while you protect America.
- 1. Create account
- 2. Search and request care
- 3. Manage my requests
- 4. Update my profile
KEYSTONE TEEN CLUB
Keystone Teen Club: Club meets Wednesdays at 4:30 pm. This teen group is exclusively for ages 13 - 18 and is an excellent opportunity to make a difference within Youth Programs and the community.
Do you need volunteer hours? Would you like to influence our programming and special events, be there. Open to members and eligible guests.
Torch Club: Club meets Mondays at 4 pm. This small leadership group is for ages 10 - 12 and an outstanding opportunity to acquire leadership skills.
We have new phone numbers: School Age Care (SAC) Front Desk: 321-494-3006 Youth Development Front Desk: 321-494-3761.
SCHOOL AGE CARE (SAC) PROGRAMWe have immediate openings for before & after School Care enrollments for school year 2017-2018, ages K thru 6th grade. Transportation to and from is provided for the following schools; Holland, Sea Park and Roosevelt Elementary schools. Care is available through the school year during winter and spring break holidays & teacher in-service days. Please contact SAC at 321-494-3006 for more information or go online at https://www.militarychildcare.com/ to register.
YOUTH SPONSORSHIP PROGRAMAre you headed to the Space Coast area? Are you already here and wondering what there is to do in this location? Will you be moving to another base? The Patrick Youth Sponsorship Program can make your stay even better. We will match you with a youth sponsor to make your transition smoother. Youth sponsors are matched to youth according to their gender, age and interests. We also focus on supporting peer-to-peer connections in this program and helping to make them at other Youth Programs. Join us for Youth Newcomer’s the first Friday of every month from 5 - 6 pm. Please come out to learn more about our programs and how you can become involved in all our great activities! Contact us at 321-494-3006 or 321-494-3153 to request a youth sponsor or to become a youth sponsor in this program. Check out our youth Sponsorship Program brochure online at gopatrikfl.com/youthprograms.
- Running Club Mondays, 3 pm in the Gym! Make running fun while emphasizing good techniques and character.
- Basketball Skills Challenge, Fridays @ 3:30 pm in the Gym! Enjoy some open time with family and friends on the basketball court! Parents, pick up your child and enjoy a little one-on-one time on the court!
- Triple Play Challenge, Wednesdays @ 3:30 pm in the Gym
- Olympic Day! Fri, Jun 22. Youth Programs celebrates Olympic Day with various activities such as trivia, memory, Olympic Art, torch relay and Countries around the World. In hosting this event, youth will learn more about Olympic values: fair-play, perseverance, respect, and sportsmanship. For more information, call 321-494-3007 or 321-494-3153.
- America's Kids Glow Run Fri, May 18, 7 pm. We'll have some dance warm-ups, outfit highlights, glow run as the sun sets finished off with refreshments and music! Register @ americaaskidsrun.com. Volunteer support needed!.
Torch Club for ages 10-12, Mondays at 4 pm. Keystone Club for ages 13-18, Thursdays at 4 pm. These Boys & Girls Club programs are excellent opportunities to learn leadership skills, contribute to the community, socialize with your peers, mentor younger kids, work towards Youth of the Month, Quarter & Year, and make a difference within Youth Programs and the community.
Let’s Move Program - a comprehensive initiative, launched by the First Lady, dedicated to solving the problem of obesity within a generation, so that children born today will grow up healthier and able to pursue their dreams. Meets every Monday from 4:30 - 5:30 pm. Go to: www.letsmove.gov
Sure, this is an ambitious goal. But with your help, we can do it. Combining comprehensive strategies with common sense, Let’s Move! is about putting children on the path to a healthy future during their earliest months and years; giving parents helpful information and fostering environments that support healthy choices; providing healthier foods in our schools; ensuring that every family has access to healthy, affordable food; and, helping children become more physically active. Program can be accomplished from home as well.
- Apr 6: The Family Semi-formal Masquerade Ball is canceled and will be rescheduled for a later date.
- Apr 13: Purple Up for military Kids, 6 - 10 pm
- Apr 20: Restaurant Review, 6 - 10 pm (PSR)
- Apr 27: Operation Megaphone Lock-in, 7 pm - midnight
- May 4: Lighthouse Cove, 6 - 10 pm (PSR)
- May 11: "Honoring Moms" activities, crafts, cooking, cards; 6 - 10 pm
- May 18: America's Glow Run, 7 pm. Stretch to the music, run & refreshments. Register online at Americaskidsrun.org. Register early and get a T-shirt!
TEEN CAMP EXTREME - registrations now being accepted!
Camp XTREME is a great place for teens 12 years of age thru 10th grade! Camp hours: 6:30 am - 3:30 pm - yu can even sign into Open Recreation until 6 pm! Camp fees include breakfast, lunch and a snack.
- Outdoor Sports
- Art Exploration
- STEAM projects
- Health & Life Skills
- Theater Arts
- Special Workshops
ART INSTRUCTIONAL CAMP
Mon - Fri, Apr 9 - 13. Ages 9 - 12 meet 3:15 - 5:30 pm. Teens meet 5:30 - 7:30 pm. Sign-up in advance to hold a seat. only $5 for all five sessions!
Mon - Fri, May 7 - 11. Ages 9 - 12 meet 3:35 - 5:30 pm. Teens meet 5:30 - 7:30 pm. Sign-up in advance to hold a seat. Only $5 for all five sessions!
SCHOOL AGE PROGRAM
Upcoming Camp information:
- Summer Camp, May 29 - Aug 10: Sign up. details, please call us at 321-494-3007/3008.
SCHOOL AGE SUMMER CAMP PROGRAM
In this fun camp for youth who have completed Kindergarten thru 12 ages of age, we provide innovative opportunities for art, technology, fitness, life skills, leadership, recreation and character development in a multi-classroom program and field trips to explore. Breakfast, lunch and snacks are provided. Register online now at militarychildcare.com to sign-up or contact Youth Programs at 321-494-3006; camp hours: 6:30 am - 5:30 pm. Stop by youth programs for a quick tour!
YOUTH PROGRAMS VOLUNTEERS & YOUTH ANNUAL AWARDS PRESENTATION
May 10, 4 pm. Our Annual Awards recognition presentation will be held right here at Youth Programs. Join us after the ceremony for a Pizza Party!
We are looking for volunteers to assist with the following programs: Club Tech (computers), Dramatic Arts (theater), Fine Arts (painting or drawing skills). Volunteer hours could be for a season or monthly, depending on the program and your free time.
- AF Form 1181, Air Force Youth Flight Program Patron Registration
- DD Form 2652, Application for DoD Child Care Fees
- DD Form 2606, DoD Child Development Program Request for Care Record