2014 AIR FORCE YOUTH PROGRAM OF THE YEAR!
Building 3656, NEW NUMBERS: School Age Care (SAC) Front Desk, (321) 494-3006 and Youth Development Front Desk, 321-494-3761.
HOURS OF OPERATIONSAC, Mon - Fri, 6:30 am to 5:30 pm
Open Rec (School Year) Mon - Thu: 2:30 - 6 pm Fri: 2:30 - 10 pm
School Early Release days:
1 - 6 pm
2:30 - 6 pm
Office: 9 am - 6 pm
Click here to receive info by email:Parent Handbook • Youth Sponsorship Brochure SAC Brochure Youth Programs Needs Assessment Survey - Your opinion counts! Click here to take survey.
Did you know that membership at the Youth Center is only $40 a year? Benefits include no fee walk-in every day after school for ages 9 and up, hang out, socialize, play sports, do homework, use computer room, get a healthy snack from the snack bar, use the outdoor court, participate in 4-H and Boys & Girls Club activities, leadership clubs, and much more! Members enjoy lower prices on special events, field trips and dance classes! Join today!
MILITARY CHILDCARE DOT COMA DoD program that makes it easier to find the child and youth care your family needs. Just follow four simple steps!
We care for your children while you protect America.
- 1. Create account
- 2. Search and request care
- 3. Manage my requests
- 4. Update my profile
KEYSTONE TEEN CLUB
Keystone Teen Club: Club meets Wednesdays at 4:30 pm. This teen group is exclusively for ages 13 - 18 and is an excellent opportunity to make a difference within Youth Programs and the community.
Do you need volunteer hours? Would you like to influence our programming and special events, be there. Open to members and eligible guests.
Torch Club: Club meets Mondays at 4 pm. This small leadership group is for ages 10 - 12 and an outstanding opportunity to acquire leadership skills.
We have new phone numbers: School Age Care (SAC) Front Desk: 321-494-3006 Youth Development Front Desk: 321-494-3761.
SCHOOL AGE CARE (SAC) PROGRAMWe have immediate openings for before & after School Care enrollments for school year 2017-2018, ages K thru 6th grade. Transportation to and from is provided for the following schools; Holland, Sea Park and Roosevelt Elementary schools. Care is available through the school year during winter and spring break holidays & teacher in-service days. Please contact SAC at 321-494-3006 for more information or go online at https://www.militarychildcare.com/ to register.
YOUTH SPONSORSHIP PROGRAMAre you headed to the Space Coast area? Are you already here and wondering what there is to do in this location? Will you be moving to another base? The Patrick Youth Sponsorship Program can make your stay even better. We will match you with a youth sponsor to make your transition smoother. Youth sponsors are matched to youth according to their gender, age and interests. We also focus on supporting peer-to-peer connections in this program and helping to make them at other Youth Programs. Join us for Youth Newcomer’s the first Friday of every month from 5 - 6 pm. Please come out to learn more about our programs and how you can become involved in all our great activities! Contact us at 321-494-3006 or 321-494-3153 to request a youth sponsor or to become a youth sponsor in this program. Check out our youth Sponsorship Program brochure online at gopatrikfl.com/youthprograms.
- Yoga Mondays in the Gym! 3:30 - 3:50 pm for SAC and 4 - 4:20 pm for YD. Youth can develop body awareness, managing stress thru breathing, meditation and building concentration.
- Running Club Tuesdays in the Gym! 3 pm for SAC and 4 pm for YD. Make running fun while emphasizing good techniques and character.
- Get Fit Challenge Wednesdays in the Gym! 3 pm for SAC and 4 pm for YD. Program helps young bodies become fit.
- Basketball Fridays in the Gym! Enjoy some open time with family and friends on the basketball court! Parents, pick up your child and enjoy a little one-on-one time on the court!
- Mayor’s Fitness Challenge: The Get Healthy Brevard initiative runs through March and will be full of fitness related events within the local community. Here at the youth center we will be helping the youth log hours of fitness related activities and learn more about healthy lifestyles.
- Triple Play Challenge Month: During the month of February, we are incorporating the Boys and Girls Club Triple Play Daily Challenges with the youth in our after-school programming.
- Land-paddling: weekly in February both in the gym and on the outside court! Youth will learn to use longboard skateboards and kahuna sticks to increase coordination and balance skills.
- Coming in March: Family Fitness-related activities; make sure you come by to find out what’s going on! For local league information, call the Sports and Fitness director at 321-494-3151.
READY, SET, RUN!
This is a FREE character-building program that trains youth ages 8 - 13 & meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 – 4:30 pm at the Youth Center. Call 321-428-3781 to register. Open to all youth!
Torch Club for ages 10-12, Mondays at 4 pm. Keystone Club for ages 13-18, Thursdays at 4 pm. These Boys & Girls Club programs are excellent opportunities to learn leadership skills, contribute to the community, socialize with your peers, mentor younger kids, work towards Youth of the Month, Quarter & Year, and make a difference within Youth Programs and the community.
Let’s Move Program - a comprehensive initiative, launched by the First Lady, dedicated to solving the problem of obesity within a generation, so that children born today will grow up healthier and able to pursue their dreams. Meets every Monday from 4:30 - 5:30 pm. Go to: www.letsmove.gov
Sure, this is an ambitious goal. But with your help, we can do it. Combining comprehensive strategies with common sense, Let’s Move! is about putting children on the path to a healthy future during their earliest months and years; giving parents helpful information and fostering environments that support healthy choices; providing healthier foods in our schools; ensuring that every family has access to healthy, affordable food; and, helping children become more physically active. Program can be accomplished from home as well.
PRESIDENTIAL YOUTH FITNESS PROGRAM
Presidential Youth Fitness Program - provides a model for fitness education within a comprehensive, quality physical education program. The program provides resources and tools for physical educators to enhance their fitness education process. Meets every Wed from 4:30 - 5:30 pm. For more details and registration go to: www.pyfp.org.
- FITNESSGRAM® health-related fitness assessment
- Instructional strategies to promote student physical activity and fitness
- Communication tools to help physical educators increase awareness about their work in the classroom
- Options to recognize fitness and physical activity achievements
KID'S NIGHT OUT:
Grades K - 6th. Fri, Feb 9th & Mar 9th, 6-11 pm. Members: $20, nonmembers: $25. Reservations required.
HEALTHY COOKING CREW
Mar 9, 6 - 10 pm. Youth aged 9 - 18 learn culinary skills for a healthy lifestyle. $2 for members & $5 for guests.
YOUNG VIOLINIST PERFORMANCE
Field Trip to concert: Jan 19th (permission slip required), 6 - 10 pm.
FIELD TRIP - TEENS ONLY DINNER & A MOVIE
Feb 2nd, 6 - 11 pm. Teens coordinate dinner & appropriate movie. (permission slip required) Teens pay their own way.
MARDI GRAS NIGHT:
Feb 9th. Food, masks, games for youth aged 9 - 18 from 6 - 10 pm.
CELEBRATE THE CHINESE NEW YEAR - Year of the Dog!
Feb 16th, 6 - 10 pm. For youth aged 9 - 18. Enjoy crafts, food & more!Free for members, $3 for guests.
MALL CRAWL FOR DINNER AT THE AVENUES!
Feb 23rd, 7 pm. Youth aged 9 - 18 explore the restaurants to find a nutritious dinner on a budget. Youth pay their own way. (permission slip required)
CELEBRATE BLACK HISTORY MONTH!
Feb 28th, 4 - 5:30 pm. Families celebrate the many cultures of black history month with music, great foods, displays & more!
Mar 2nd, 6 - 2 pm. Teens Only! 3 on 3 Basketball with refreshments. Free for members, $3 for guests.
LASER TAG AT THE FUN ZONE!
Mar 16, 6 - 10 pm for youth aged 9 - 18. Permission slip required, youth pays entry fee.
Mar 23rd, 6 - 10 pm. Youth aged 9 - 18 build and battle SugoBots. Do you have what it takes to win? FREE activity
DINNER & A MOVIE
Mar 30th, 6 - 10 pm. Youth aged 9 - 18. Free for members & guests! Youth, recruit new members
COMING APRIL 6th - FAMILY MASQUERADE BALL!
Call 321-494-3006 or 321-494-3761 for reservations or information.
We are looking for volunteers to assist with the following programs: Club Tech (computers), Dramatic Arts (theater), Fine Arts (painting or drawing skills). Volunteer hours could be for a season or monthly, depending on the program and your free time.
MILITARY YOUTH OF THE YEAR
This program is open to Youth Programs members aged 14-18 and recognizes community service, service to family and club, school achievements, awards and clubs, and growing up as a member of Youth Programs while facing military family challenges. Deadline to complete your application submission to Patrick AFB Youth Programs is Jan 18th. For more information visit http://www.defense.gov/Portals/1/features/2015/0415_military-child/docs/Factsheet-MilYouthOfTheYear-7March2016-ForPMReview.pdf.
SCHOOL AGE PROGRAM
Upcoming Camp information:
- Give Parent’s A Break: Jan 12th, Feb 9th & Mar 9th: 6 - 11 pm. Give Parents A Break certificates are required to sign up; along with current shot records including Flu shot documentation. Program is free with current GPAB Certificate. Eligibility: Active Duty Air Force families with children in grades K-6 in need of a break for the evening. Reservations are required NLT the Wednesday before the event.
- Spring Camp, Apr 2 - 6: Sign up at MilitaryChildCare.com. For details, please call us at 321-494-3007/3008.
- Summer Camp, May 29 - Aug 10: Sign up. details, please call us at 321-494-3007/3008.
- AF Form 1181, Air Force Youth Flight Program Patron Registration
- DD Form 2652, Application for DoD Child Care Fees
- DD Form 2606, DoD Child Development Program Request for Care Record