Education and Training Center
The Patrick AFB Education and Training Center is commited to serving the 45th Space Wing community and to help meet the educational and vocational needs of our civilians and active duty military personnel and their adult family members.
45FSS/FSDE: 1020 Central Ave., Bldg 998, Patrick AFB, FL 32925.
Organization Workflow E-mail Mailbox:We are here for you! Please feel free to submit any request and questions that you may have to our Organizational Workflow Group Mailbox @ 45FSSDPH@us.af.mil.
Education & Training Center Office HoursMonday - Friday: 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
- College and Career Counseling
- Tuition Assistance for Active Duty Military
- Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) Counseling
- Testing Services
- GI Bill Benefit Information
- Commissioning Program Guidance
- Civilian Developmental Education (CDE)
- Career Skills Program (CSP) Counseling
MILITARY CDC TESTING SERVICES:Testing is available by appointment only. To schedule, please contact Base Training at 321-494-3440/2072. Note: CDC testing is scheduled by the Unit and Additional Duty Training Managers. Testing days are set for Wednesdays at 7:30 am.
VOLUNTARY EDUCATION TEST ADMINISTRATION AND PROCTOR SERVICES:
- Provides Air University personnel testing (Course 14 testing, ALS, SOS, ACSC and AWC)
- How to order your Course 14/15 exams
OTHER TYPES OF TESTING:(AFI 36-2605; Air Force Military Personnel Testing System:) These forms of tests are offered "monthly" as indicated on the FSDE Monthly Test Schedule. To schedule any of these types of exams, please contact the Patrick AFB Test Examiner at 321-494-3443/2072; (DSN 854)
- DLPT: Defense Language Proficiency Test: Serves to evaluate the ability to understand written and/or spoken material presented in a foreign language format.
- DLAB: Defense Language Aptitude Battery Evaluates potential ability to complete formal foreign language training. It is used to screen and select foreign language trainees.
- AFCT: Armed Forces Classification Test: Evaluates airmen in the same four aptitude areas as the ASVAB (i.e., the MAGE composites). These aptitude areas relate to training success in particular groups of AFSs. Minimum scores are required for entry into certain AFSs that indicate the likelihood of training success in the AFS (this test is for those that have already taken the ASVAB and have entered the US military).
- AFOQT: Air Force Officer Qualifying Test: Used to help select candidates for officer commissioning programs and to classify commissioned officers into utilization specialties such as pilot, combat system operator (CSO), air battle manager (ABM) or technical.
- EDPT: Electronic Data Processing Test: Evaluates the basic ability to complete formal courses for programming electronic data processing equipment. It is used to screen and select airmen for career fields requiring this ability. EDPT measures verbal ability, symbolic reasoning and arithmetic reasoning.
- OPI: Oral Proficiency Interview Test: A standardized, global assessment of functional speaking ability. This form of examination is a conversation between the tester and test-taker, the test measures how well a person speaks a language by assessing their performance of a range of language tasks against specified criteria.
- WAPS: Weighted Airman Promotion System: This form of testing is scheduled per Air Force guidance. Any questions concerning this form of testing should be directed to the Unit WAPS Monitor or Test Examiner at 321-494-3443/2072 DSN:854.
COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF THE AIR FORCE (CCAF)If your college does not offer electronic transcripts you must request a hard copy. The transcript must be mailed directly from your civilian colleg to CCAF. CCAF will not acept transcripts marked "issued to Student," unofficial transcripts, or faxed transcripts. To expedite the evaluation process, request that your school include your social security number on the transcript. Also, if your transcript is under a different name, please have the school include your current name in order to prevent delays. Please allow at least 45 - 60 days for CCAF to update your progress report. To send transcripts directly from your college to CCAF at this mailing address:
100 South Turner Blvd.
Maxwell-Gunter AFB, AL 36114-3011
Community College of the Air Force
EDUCATION LEVELS UPDATE INFORMATION
- Officers: IAWAFI 36-2305, AFIT updates your education levels. Education Centers no longer offer this service. Send your official transcript from your academic institution to the address below:
AFT Academic Coding Branch
2950 Hobson Way
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433-7765
AFIT Phone: (937) 255-6565, Ext 4324
- Enlisted: IAWAF 36-2306, member must request one of the following from their college/university and provide the following to the Education Center:
- 1. An official transcript that includes your degree conferred date, degree level and degree title. An official transcript must be mailed directly to the education office from your college or hand-delivered to the education office in the original sealed envelope. Your college can mail the official transcript tot he following address: 45 FSS/FSDE, 1020 Central Ave., Patrick AFB, FL 32925.
- 2. Notification of degree completion on official school letterhead from your college registrar's office stating your full name, SSN, degree level and degree.
- College Level Examination Programs (CLEP) and DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST): The Education Center is in the process of establishing a new national test center for Patrick AFB (this may take several months).
Shorten your college path by participating in CLEP and DSST exams. These two worthwhile testing programs provide test-takers with the opportunity to earn credits toward Community College of the Air Force or undergraduate degree programs that accept them.
- CLEP & DSST Prep Study Resources: Prep Study FY18
ON BASE COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
KEISER UNIVERSITY (KU) Keiser University1020 Central Ave., C-15
Patrick AFB, FL 32925
Mon - Thu: 8:30 am - 6 pm, Fri: 8:30 am - 3 pm.
Office Phone: 321-430-0748
- PROGRAMS OFFERED: Graduate Degrees:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership*
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security*
- Master of Science in Education*
- Master of Science in Information Technology Leadership*
- Master of Science in Information Security*
- PROGRAMS OFFERED: Undergraduate Degrees:
- Bachelor of Arts in Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Network Systems & Data Communications
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Forensics/Information Security*
- NOTE: * programs currently offered online only.
- Classes offered through Hybrid and Online modalities.
ACTIVE DUTY, SPOUSES AND DEPENDENTS FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Active Duty, Spouses and DependentsMilitary One Source
Federal Financial Aid
Find Online Colleges
SpousesMilitaryOneSource provides spouses with numerous educational and career guidance resources: MilitaryOneSource
Air Force Aid Society Arnold Grant Program provides $2000 per year for Air Force spouses enrolled in college full-time. Air Force Aid Society
DANTES Financial Aid for spouses and dependents. DANTES